My long time friend, Anita, passed along a really cool award to me. It's called the Versatile Blogger award. Now, admittedly, I don't know just how versatile I AM. But Anita is a sweetheart AND a VERY brilliant lady! So I will say only that perhaps she knows something I don't know about myself. LOL! And while I am THRILLED to receive ANY award, I am sorry to say that my getting it presents YOU with the short end of the stick. You see, part of my receiving it requires that I post seven obscure facts about myself. See? You DID get the short end of the stick - especially after you JUST endured my LAST post. However, there IS an upside to this! You have the ability to say, "Is Kai NUTS? I'm not reading anymore of her craziness!" And - click - you can be outta here! I'll fulfill my duty as a recipient tho' and give you the 7 obscure facts. I promise (if you're still here - Are you?) to do it quickly and painlessly. No references to virginity, either. Scout's honor!
1. I found a little snowman in 1986. Someone had thrown him on the curb next to their trash can. I saw his cute face, picked him up (I was on my way home from the store - I walked back then) and took him home where I put his dirty lil' snowy self in the washer. Since then, every year he has made an appearance for the holidays. THIS year, I decided he was too adorable to put back in the closet, so he stayed out and my housemate (who also thinks he's cute) and I drag him around from room to room as though he were a child. How nuts ARE we? But LOOK at him! Isn't his face adorable?
2. I always wish I could be on a game show where my questions ALL centered around the tv series Little House on the Prairie, and anyone who could answer a certain number of questions could win a million bucks. I'd WIN. I SWEAR I would. I LOOOOVE trivia of any kind but I KNOW nobody knows more about that show than I do. Isn't that pathetic?
3. I was not allowed as a child to use the Comanche name my grandfather gave me (I use it NOW) and I swore I'd give any child or children I had Comanche names so THEY could PROUDLY use them. I did give my only daughter a beautiful name. She never used it. GRRRR!
4. Wandering through the fresh produce section of my local grocery store makes me so happy. I get excited when they have pattypan squash or beautiful figs or celery root. I'm SUCH a weirdo.
5. I become very stressed when my routine is disrupted. Most Bipolar folks LOVE routines and I am no exception. Because I'm medicated (since I was diagnosed in '93) I am not QUITE so attached to stringent routines, but I DEFINITELY have my own way of doing things. NOTE: I HEAR you, People! You are saying, "Ohhhhh! She's Bipolar! No wonder she acts so goofy! And HOW can she so easily TELL people that?" I tell it easily and freely because Bipolar is a chemical imbalance of the brain and that is nothing I caused so I'm not ashamed! Besides, the meds REALLY helped and while I will always have a certain degree of ups and downs, no one can detect them because - thankfully - they are under control.
6. My sense of smell is my most acute sense. (Otherwise I HAVE no sense! HAHAHAHAHA ... a joke, folks! A JOKE!) Certain things - most especially Christmas trees, Lauren cologne, and Baby Magic lotion make me SOOOOO happy.
and ... (See? I'm ALMOST finished!)
7. If I could do only one 'fun' activity for the rest of my life and give up the rest, I'd READ.
So thank you, Anita, for the award!!! Her blog link is as follows - http://kirbanita.typepad.com/take_joy/ in case you would like to visit her! She's a sweetheart! Now! Come back tomorrow (if you dare - BWAHAHAHA!) because I will show you what I just finished making! And there's a funny lil' story behind it.